The 16th International Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics Conference will be held in Wuhan, China (http://issi2017.nsaec.com). The ISSI 2017 Conferences provide an International forum for scientists, research managers and administrators, as well as other professionals related to information and communication science to share research and debate the new advancements of Informetrics and Scientometrics theories and applications. The theme of the 16th International Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics Conference is the theory, method as well as principle of five metrices science concepts including Bibliometrics, Informetrics, Scientometrics, Webometrics and Knowledgometrics.
The conference is organized under the auspices of ISSI - the International Society for Informetrics and Scientometrics (http://www.issi-society.org/).
ISSI meets on a bi-annual basis. Previous ISSI conferences took place in Belgium (1987), Canada (1989), India (1991), Germany (1993), USA (1995), Israel (1997), Mexico (1999), Australia (2001), China (2003), Sweden (2005), Spain (2007), Brazil (2009), South Africa (2011) , Austria(2013) and Turkey(2015).
With this scope in mind, major conference topics of interest include, but not limited to:
- Research Fronts and Emerging Issues
- The relationship and development of five metrics science concepts, that is, Bibliometrics, Informetrics, Scientometrics, Webometrics and Knowledgometrics.
- The theory, method and principle of five metrics science concepts, that is, Bibliometrics, Informetrics, Scientometrics, Webometrics and Knowledgometrics.
- The effect of big data on five metrics science concepts.
- The research about data science and metrology.
- Science policy and research assessment
- University policy and institutional rankings
- Journals, databases and electronic publications
- Country-level studies
- Data Accuracy and disambiguation
- Scientific fraud and dishonesty
- Think Tanks construction and evaluation
- The application of informetrics on evaluation
- Methods and techniques
- Citation and co-citation analysis
- Mapping and visualization
- Patent analysis
- Social network analysis
- Knowledge discovery and data mining
- Participation in science
- Responsible metrics versus scientific misconduct
- Science communication
- Science policy (on different levels)
- Science of science
- Studies on the level of individual scientists
- Usage data
- Co-occurrence analysis
- Innovation and creativity